Higher Accounting AAT
During your Higher Apprenticeship you will work towards two qualifications, the Accounting Diploma Level 4 and the Business Skills Diploma Level 4. This provides an enhanced apprenticeship offering which is skills-focused and a practical study route for a student. The candidate will look at financial team leader skills, including financial statements for limited companies, complex management skills and specialist learning areas. This level also focuses on developing essential business skills to support apprentices in the working environment. The qualification develops accounts assistants, credit control clerks, accounts clerks, or finance assistants; who all help accountants to keep financial records and prepare accounts. They will balance accounts, process invoices and payments, complete VAT returns and prepare financial reports. An apprentice can developed in a specialism of your choice.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 18 months
The Higher Accounting Apprenticeship is made up of a framework which includes:
- Accounting NVQ Level 4
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Apprentices may progress on to ACCA or CIMA accountancy qualification and become chartered accountants.
The apprentice is expected to attend college to attain knowledge, training and complete online exams. They will also be trained by the employer.
Mandatory Units include:
- Financial Statements
- Financial Performance
- Internal control and accounting systems
- Working in teams
- Planning and delivering business communication activities
- Evaluate and improve own performance in a business environment
- Spread sheet software
- Presentation software
- Deliver a presentation
- Organising and facilitating meetings and workshops
- Developing commercial awareness
- Managing project finances
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
Applicants will need to have completed their AAT Level 3 qualification. They will then be assessed and interviewed to demonstrate that they are able to cover the range required by the relevant NVQ at work.
One day a week at our Tottenham Centre and the rest of the time working closely with an employer.
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 09 May 2017
- Intermediate Smart Meter Installation
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Carpentry and Joinery
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment