Advanced Customer Service
This Apprenticeship is about excellent customer service, and can be applied to hundreds of job roles across many different sectors, from government to engineering. Commonly customer service apprentices work in retail, financial services, call centres, hospitality or any customer facing role.
This training is delivered entirely on the employer’s premises.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 12 - 18 months
The Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Customer Service is made up of a framework which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
- Math Functional Skills Level 2
- English Functional Skills Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Apprentices may progress to Team Leading or Management qualifications.
The apprentice is expected to attend on the job and off the job training to attain knowledge, training and complete competency units. In addition to that they will also be trained by the employer.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. The Apprentices will be assessed and interviewed to demonstrate that they have the ability to cover the range required by the relevant NVQ at work. In addition, apprentices are expected to carry out initial assessments in English and Maths where they need to ideally achieve Level 2 in both subject areas. An apprentice with GCSE English and Maths does not have to complete functional skills as a part of their apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
Mandatory Units include:
- Organise and Deliver Customer Service
- Understand the Customer Service Environment
- Resolve Customers’ Problems
- Principles of Business
- Understand Customers and Customer Retention
- Manage Personal and Professional Development
Optional Units include - need to select some of these units:
- Resolve Customers’ Complaints
- Gather, Analyse and Interpret Customer Feedback
- Manage Individuals’ Performance
- Manage Team Performance
- Monitor the Quality of Customer Service Interactions
- Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Negotiate in a Business Environment
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 09 May 2017
- Intermediate Smart Meter Installation
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Carpentry and Joinery
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment