Intermediate Customer Service
This Apprenticeship is about excellent customer service, and can be applied to hundreds of job roles across many different sectors, from government to engineering. Commonly customer service apprentices work in retail, financial services, call centres, hospitality or any customer facing role. Duties will vary between sectors, but in most cases dealing with customers in a positive, reliable and pleasant way – whether offering advice, answering questions or handling complaints. It will also cover communication methods and style, equipping learners with the right skills.
This training is delivered entirely on the employer’s premises.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 12 months
The Intermediate Customer Service Apprenticeship is made up of a framework which includes:
- Customer Service QCF Certificate Level 2
- Maths Functional Skills Level 1
- English Functional Skills Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Apprentices may progress to Advanced Apprenticeships in Customer Service Level 3 or onto Team Leading qualifications if you are managing a team.
The apprentice is expected to attend on the job and off the job training to attain knowledge, training and complete competency units. In addition to that they will also be trained by the employer.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. The Apprentices will be assessed and interviewed to demonstrate that they have the ability to cover the range required by the relevant NVQ at work. In addition, apprentices are expected to carry out initial assessments in English and Maths where they need to ideally achieve Level 1 in both subject areas. An apprentice with GCSE English and Maths does not have to complete functional skills as a part of their apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
Mandatory Units include:
- Communicate using customer service language
- Follow the rules to deliver customer service
Optional Units include - need to select some of these units:
- Maintain a positive and customer-friendly attitude (Impression and image group)
- Promote additional services or products to customers (Impression and image group)
- Deal with customers using bespoke software (Delivery group)
- Deliver customer service using service partnerships (Delivery group)
- Monitor and solve customer service problems (Handling problems group)
- Apply risk assessment to customer service (Handling problems group)
- Lead a team to improve customer service (Development and improvement group)
- Gather, analyse and interpret feedback (Development and improvement group)
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 09 May 2017
- Intermediate Smart Meter Installation
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Carpentry and Joinery
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment