An Apprenticeship in Plumbing will develop skills and give valuable experience of a variety of routine plumbing related activities. Apprentices will work in a construction environment where their duties could encompass many areas of plumbing such as installing sanitary ware. Exact duties will depend upon employer.
One day a week at our Tottenham Centre or Enfield Centre and the rest of the time working closely with an employer.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 24 months
The Intermediate Plumbing Apprenticeship is made up of a framework which includes:
- Plumbing and Heating Diploma Level 2
- ICT Functional Skills Level 2
- Maths Functional Skills Level 2
- English Functional Skills Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Students can progress on to full time employment or Advanced Apprenticeships in Plumbing and Heating and follow pathways such as a gas engineering, renewables.
The apprentice is expected to attend college to attain knowledge training, complete exams and complete workshop tasks. In addition to that they will also be trained by the employer and expected to complete an online e-portfolio.
Applicants will be assessed and interviewed to demonstrate that they are able to cover the range required by the relevant NVQ at work. In addition, the apprentices are expected to carry out initial assessments in English and Maths where they would be expected to ideally achieve Level 2 in both subject areas. If an apprentice has GCSE then they do not have to do functional skills as a part of the apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
Mandatory Units include:
- Understand how to communicate with others within the Building services Engineering
- Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within BSE
- Understand how to apply scientific principles with the mechanical services engineering
- Understand and carry out site preparation, and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing and heating systems.
- Understand and apply domestic cold water systems installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic hot water systems installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic rainwater systems installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic above ground drainage systems installation and maintenance techniques
- Apply safe working practices in building services engineering working environment
- Install and maintain domestic plumbing and heating systems
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 09 May 2017
- Property Maintenance Operative
- Installation Electrician/ Maintenance Electrician
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Wood Occupations
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Wood Occupations
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment
Health and Social Care
- Healthcare Support Worker (HCSW)
- Adult Care Worker
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Lead Adult Care Worker
- Intermediate Clinical Care
- Intermediate Health and Social Care
- Advanced Clinical Care
- Advanced Clinical Healthcare Maternity Support
- Advanced Health and Social Care
- Higher Care Leadership and Management