Intermediate Painting and Decorating
An Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating will develop skills and give valuable experience of a variety of routine decorating related activities. Learners will work in a construction environment where your duties could encompass many areas of Painting and Decorating such as painting internal and external areas using a variety of wall covering products, including wall-coverings. Exact duties will depend upon employer.
One day a week at our Tottenham Centre or Enfield Centre and the rest of the time working closely with an employer.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 24 months
The Intermediate Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship is made up of a framework which includes:
- Trowel Occupations NVQ Diploma Level 2
- Painting and Decorating Diploma Level 2
- Maths Functional Skills Level 1
- English Functional Skills Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Students can progress on to full time employment or Advanced Apprenticeships in construction.
The apprentice is expected to attend college to attain knowledge training, complete exams and complete workshop tasks. In addition to that they will also be trained by the employer and expected to complete an online e-portfolio.
Applicants will be assessed and interviewed to demonstrate that they are able to cover the range required by the relevant NVQ at work. In addition, the apprentices are expected to carry out initial assessments in English and Maths where they would be expected to ideally achieve Level 2 in both subject areas. If an apprentice has GCSE grade C and above in English and Maths then they do not have to do functional skills as a part of the apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Preparing Surfaces for Painting/Decorating in the Workplace
- Applying Paint Systems by Brush and Roller in the Workplace
Sample Optional Units:
- Applying wall coverings to a range of wall surfaces
- Applying decorative finishes to a range of surfaces
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 11 May 2017
- Intermediate Smart Meter Installation
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Carpentry and Joinery
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment