This qualification is for you if you wish to work as a Dry-Liner in the construction industry. Dry-Lining is the fitting of plaster board or other board material to finish walls and ceilings in place of the more traditional Plastering. In many cases Dry-Lining can also provide a suitable surface for a fine finish coat of plaster. Many modern domestic and commercial properties will be finished with Dry-Lining instead of Plaster and this qualification will provide you with the skills needed to work as a Dry-Liner in the industry. This qualification is suitable for you if you are 16 years old and over.
One day a week at our Tottenham Centre and the rest of the time working closely with an employer.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 18 - 24 months
The Intermediate Dry Lining Apprenticeship is made up of a framework which includes:
- Dry Lining Diploma (6713) Level 2 City & Guilds
- Interior systems (6567) City & Guilds NVQDiploma Level 2
- Maths Functional Skills Level 1
- English Functional Skills Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
This qualification could lead to a job as a Dry-Liner working for a house-building company, a property development company, or work as part of a small business repairing and refurbishing buildings.
The apprentice is expected to attend college to attain knowledge training and complete online exams and complete workshop tasks. In addition to that they will also be trained by the employer and expected to complete online e-portfolio.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
Applicants will be assessed and interviewed where they will need to demonstrate that they will cover the range required by the relevant NVQ at work in addition to that the apprentices are expected to carry out initial assessments in English and Math’s where they would be expected to ideally be working towards level 1 in both the subject areas. If you already possess a GCSE A-D for Maths and English language or a L1 in Numeracy and Literacy then you will be exempt for studying Maths and English functional skills during your apprenticeship.
- Install suspended ceiling systems
- Install partitions
- Install wall linings and encasement systems
- Fix sheet materials using direct bond method
- Apply taping and jointing systems to plasterboard
- Understand specialist systems for dry lining and interiors
- Apply finishing plaster to plasterboard
- Apply and finish sprayed plasters to plasterboard.
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 18 September 2017
- Property Maintenance Operative
- Installation Electrician/ Maintenance Electrician
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Wood Occupations
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Wood Occupations
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment
Health and Social Care
- Healthcare Support Worker (HCSW)
- Adult Care Worker
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Lead Adult Care Worker
- Intermediate Clinical Care
- Intermediate Health and Social Care
- Advanced Clinical Care
- Advanced Clinical Healthcare Maternity Support
- Advanced Health and Social Care
- Higher Care Leadership and Management