Advanced Health and Social Care
This apprenticeship is aimed at employees working in a care role such as care workers, day care assistants, healthcare assistants, health care support workers or home care assistants.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 12 to 14 months
The Advanced Health and Social Care Apprenticeship is made up of a framework which includes:
- Health and Social Care Diploma NVQ Level 3
- Preparing to work in the Adult Social Care Certificate Level 3
- Maths Functional Skills Level 2
- English Functional Skills Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Apprentices may progress to a higher apprenticeship in Adult care or Care Management.
Applicants will be assessed and interviewed to demonstrate that they are able to cover the range required by the relevant NVQ at work. In addition, the apprentices are expected to carry out initial assessments in English and Maths where they would be expected to ideally achieve Level 2 in both subject areas. If an apprentice has GCSE then they don’t have to do functional skills as a part of the apprenticeship.
The apprentice is expected to attend college to attain knowledge, training and complete an online portfolio. In addition, they will also be trained by the employer which is then assessed by college assessors and put together as an online portfolio.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
These are the elements of the course, please browse through and select the ones that best match your training and company requirements.
Mandatory units include:
- Promote communication
- Engage in personal development
- Promote equality and inclusion
- Principles for implementing duty of care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection
- The role of health and social care worker
- Promote person centred approaches
- Promote and implement health and safety
- Promote good practice in handling information
Optional Units Sample:
- Understand mental health problems
- Understand the process and experience of dementia
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals
- Personalisation in social care
- Principles of infection control
- Responding to the advocacy needs of different groups of people
- Recognise indications of substance misuse and refer individuals to specialists
We can accommodate different models based on the needs of the employer but generally the model is one/half day a week at our Enfield Centre or Tottenham Centre and the rest of the time working closely with an employer.
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 09 May 2017
- Intermediate Smart Meter Installation
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Carpentry and Joinery
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment