Higher Care Leadership and Management
This apprenticeship is aimed at employees working in a Management role within a Health and Social Care setting such as managers or assistant managers of residential services, day service managers, day service assistant managers, managers of domiciliary services, assistant managers of domiciliary services, managers of community based services.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 24 months
The Care Leadership and Management Level 5 Apprenticeship comprises of the following elements:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young Peoples services
- Personal Thinking and Learning Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Apprentices who achieve the Level 5 Diploma can progress to higher education courses in health and social care leadership or courses in working with children and young people at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Applicants must be working in a management, assistant management or an equivalent role. Initial assessment and a role analysis of the job will be carried out to ensure that the role will sufficiently provide evidence to meet the assessment criteria for the qualification.
Each apprentice will be allocated an assessor who will meet them in the workplace to support development of required knowledge evidence, collection of product evidence and carry out observation of real work activities. All learners will also be required to carry out a work related research project over a 12 month period.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
These are the elements of the course, please browse through and select the ones that best match your training and company requirements.
Mandatory units include:
- Use and Develop Systems that Promote Communication
- Promote Professional Development
- Champion Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Develop Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies, Procedures and Practices in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
- Work in Partnership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
- Undertake a Research Project within Services for Health and Social Care or Children and Young People
- Understand Professional Management and Leadership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
Learners will select an appropriate pathway dependent on their work area:
- Children and Young People’s Management Pathway
- Children and Young People’s Advanced Practice Pathway
- Adults’ Residential Management Pathway
- Adults’ Management Pathway
Adults’ Advanced Practice Pathway Learners will need to achieve a total of 90 credits.
We can accommodate different models based on the needs of the employer, but generally this qualification will be self-directed learning with assessor support.
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 09 May 2017
- Intermediate Smart Meter Installation
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Carpentry and Joinery
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment