Intermediate Health and Social Care
This apprenticeship is aimed at employees working in a care role such as care workers, day care assistants, healthcare assistants, health care support workers or home care assistants.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 12 to 14 months
The Intermediate Health and Social Care Apprenticeship is made up of a framework which includes:
- Health and Social Care Diploma NVQ Level 2
- Preparing to work in the Adult Social Care Certificate Level 2
- Maths Functional Skills Level 1
- English Functional Skills Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Apprentices may progress to advanced apprenticeship in Adult care.
The apprentice is expected to attend college to attain knowledge, training and complete an online portfolio. In addition, they will also be trained by the employer which is then assessed by college assessors and put together as an online portfolio.
Applicants will be assessed and interviewed to demonstrate that they are able to cover the range required by the relevant NVQ at work. In addition, the apprentices are expected to carry out initial assessments in English and Maths where they would be expected to ideally achieve a level 1 in both the subject areas. If you do have GCSE then they don’t have to do functional skills as a part of the apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
These are the elements of the course, please browse through and select the ones that best match your training and company requirements.
Mandatory units include:
- Introduction to Communication
- Introduction to Personal Development
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion
- Introduction to Duty of Care
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection
- The Role of the Health and Social-Care Worker
- Implement Person-Centred Approaches
- Contribute to Health and Safety
- Handle Information
Optional Units Sample:
- Dementia Awareness
- Principles of Infection Prevention and Control
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning difficulties
We can accommodate different models based on the needs of the employer but generally the model is one/half day a week at our Enfield Centre or Tottenham Centre and the rest of the time working closely with an employer.
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 09 May 2017
- Intermediate Smart Meter Installation
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Carpentry and Joinery
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment