Intermediate Hospitality Services
This is the Hospitality industry’s diploma for any staff whose job role involves multi-skilling across different departments in the outlet they work at. It is suitable for all hospitality staff, whatever type of establishment they work in across any combination of food preparation and cooking, food and beverage service, housekeeping or reception.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 12 months
The Intermediate Apprenticeship Hospitality Services is made up of a framework which includes:
- QCF Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Services
- QCF Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- Math Functional Skills Level 1
- English Functional Skills Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Apprentices may progress to level 3 Advanced apprenticeships in Hospitality Supervision or Team Leading qualification.
The apprentice is expected to attend on the job and off the job training to attain knowledge, training and complete competency units. In addition to that they will also be trained by the employer.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. The Apprentices will be assessed and interviewed to demonstrate that they have the ability to cover the range required by the relevant NVQ at work. In addition, apprentices are expected to carry out initial assessments in English and Maths where they need to ideally achieve Level 1 in both subject areas. An apprentice with GCSE grade E and above in English and Maths Level 1 does not have to complete functional skills as a part of their apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
Mandatory Units include:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Give customers a positive impression of self and your organisation
- Work effectively as part of hospitality team
Optional Units include - need to select some of these units:
- Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food
- Preparing food or both serving and preparing food options
- Working with food – Food Service pathway
- Working with food – Beverage Service pathway
- Food Preparation and Cooking pathway
- Front of House reception pathway
- Housekeeping pathway
This training is delivered entirely on the employer’s premises.
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 09 May 2017
- Intermediate Smart Meter Installation
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Carpentry and Joinery
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment