This is the hospitality industry’s professional apprenticeship for staff who prepare and service bedrooms or who clean, service and prepare public rooms within their own workplace. The Housekeeping apprenticeship is suitable for all types of outlets, ranging from hotels, hostels, hospitals, care homes, other residential institutions, boarding schools, halls of residence, guest houses and bed and breakfast establishments. This apprenticeship is suitable for those already in employment as well as those wishing to enter the hospitality industry.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 12 months
The Intermediate Apprenticeship Hospitality Services is made up of a framework which includes:
- QCF Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Housekeeping Services
- QCF Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Housekeeping)
- Math Functional Skills Level 1
- English Functional Skills Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Apprentices may progress to Level 3 Advanced apprenticeships in Hospitality Supervision or Team Leading qualification.
Apprentice is expected to attend on the job and off the job training to attain knowledge training and complete competency units. In addition to that they will also be trained by the employer.
There are no formal entry requirements to this qualification. The students will be assessed and interviewed where they will need to demonstrate that they will cover the range required by the relevant NVQ at work. In addition to that the apprentices are expected to carry out initial assessments in English and Math where they would be expected to ideally achieve a level 1 in both the subject areas. If you do have GCSE grade C and above then you don’t have to do any functional skills as a part of the apprenticeships.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
Mandatory Units include:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Cleaning and Servicing a range of housekeeping areas
- Work effectively as part of hospitality team
Optional Units include - need to select some of these units:
- Collect linens and make beds
- Clean windows from the inside
- Maintain housekeeping supplies
- Use of different chemicals and equipment in housekeeping
- Maintain Customer Service through effective handover
This training is delivered entirely on the employer’s premises.
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 09 May 2017
- Intermediate Smart Meter Installation
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Carpentry and Joinery
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment