Advanced IT and Telecoms Professional
This apprenticeship covers all job roles in the IT and Telecommunications sector. The training on offer meets the needs of most employers now and for the future. Apprentices learn how to repair and maintain computer systems, as well as how to use and maintain IT systems and networks. IT is an increasingly important area and whatever role apprentices take they will be part of a fast-moving, ever-changing sector. Apprentices work full time and attend college on day release throughout the programme.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 18 to 24 months
The Advanced IT and Telecom Apprenticeship is made up of a framework which includes:
- QCF Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Competency in IT and Telecoms Professional
- QCF Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles
- Maths Functional Skills Level 2
- English Functional Skills Level 2
- ICT functional Skills Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Once you have completed this qualification you can move onto higher IT apprenticeships or degree programmes or alternatively you can go into full time employment.
The apprentice is expected to attend on the job and off the job training to attain knowledge, training and complete competency units. In addition to that they will also be trained by the employer.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. The Apprentices will be assessed and interviewed to demonstrate that they have the ability to cover the range required by the relevant NVQ at work. In addition, apprentices are expected to carry out initial assessments in English, Maths and ICT where they need to ideally achieve Level 2 in all subject areas. An apprentice with GCSE grade C and above does not have to complete functional skills as a part of their apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
Sample Course Units include:
- Health and Safety in ICT
- Customer Care in ICT
- Website software
- Software installation and upgrade
- Install, Configure ICT Equipment & OS
- Testing ICT Systems
- Install, Configure and Upgrade ICT Software
- Microsoft Technical Associate Certificate –Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft Technical Associate Certificate – Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
This training is delivered one day a week at College (either at our Enfield or Tottenham site) and the rest of the time is delivered on employers’ premises
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 09 May 2017
- Intermediate Smart Meter Installation
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Carpentry and Joinery
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment