Higher Leadership and Management
This apprenticeship is for managers operating at Level 5 who play an integral role in setting and supporting organisational objectives through a wide range of functions, such as: informing strategic decision making, managing budgets, planning and implementing change, leading teams and managing programmes of complementary projects.
Average Duration: The apprenticeship runs for 24 months
Leadership and Management Higher Apprenticeship comprises of the following elements:
- Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Thinking and Learning Skills
Apprentices who achieve the Level 5 can progress to higher apprenticeship courses such as business degrees or masters level degree.
Each apprentice will be allocated an assessor who will meet them in the workplace to support development of required knowledge evidence, collection of product evidence and carry out observation of real work activities. All apprentices will also be required to carry out a work related research project over a 12 month period.
Applicants must be working in a middle management or an equivalent role. Initial assessment of a job role analysis will be carried out to ensure that the role will support the collection of evidence to meet the assessment criteria for the qualification.
How to apply
You can apply through the college application. Once you have applied to the college, you will be invited for an interview at the college and also with the potential employer.
Mandatory Units include:
- Contribute to the development of a strategic plan
- Design business processes
- Manage strategic change
- Provide leadership and management
- Principles of Management and Leadership
- Strategic Business Management and Planning
- Strategic Decision-making Sample
Optional Units include:
- Establish business risk management processes
- Manage strategic marketing activities
- Discipline and grievance management
- Recruitment, selection and induction practice
- Lead the development of a continuous improvement strategy
- Review the quality of customer service
- Principles of Innovation and Change Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- Understand How to Manage Work Activities to Improve Business Performance
- Managing Information and Knowledge
- Stakeholder engagement and Management
We can accommodate different models based on the needs of the employer, but generally this qualification will be self-directed learning with assessor support.
Apprenticeship Vacancy Enquiry Form
- Last Updated: 09 May 2017
- Intermediate Smart Meter Installation
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Carpentry and Joinery
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment