Retail team leaders are a critical support to managers, delivering exceptional customer service and a positive experience to customers. They may have to deputise for managers in their absence. The role is dynamic and in one day can involve a variety of different functions. Most significantly retail team leaders guide and coordinate the work of the team to complete tasks, identify and explore opportunities that drive sales, ensuring team members maintain business standards in relation to merchandising, service and promotional activities, in line with procedures. Retail team leaders gain the most of their team on a day to day basis, ensuring they are fully trained and work effectively and to the best of their ability.
Entry criteria: Employers will set their own entry requirements, but it is expected that the individual would
have worked with an operational role within the industry to start on this apprenticeship standard.
Applicants will be assessed and interviewed to demonstrate that they have the ability to cover the range
required by the apprenticeship standard. In addition, they are expected to carry out initial assessments in
English and Maths. If an applicant has a GCSE in Maths and English at A*- C, they don’t need to complete
functional skills as a part of the apprenticeship.
Duration: 12 month
Delivery Model: The delivery model for this apprenticeship is decided by the employer in agreement with the college.
Progression: Completing this apprenticeship programme will enable progression into a junior retail management position.
Additional information: Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths need to achieve this level prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Knowledge Skills and Behaviours
On completion of the level 3 Retail Team Leader Apprenticeship successful applicants will have the following knowledge, skills and behaviours as defined by the Apprenticeship standard:
- Sales and Promotion
- Products and Service
- Brand Reputation
- Developing Self and Others
- Team performance
- Legal & Governance
For more information please use the contact details for Helen Camilleri below:
- Last Updated: 28 February 2018
- Property Maintenance Operative
- Installation Electrician/ Maintenance Electrician
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Wood Occupations
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Wood Occupations
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment
Health and Social Care
- Healthcare Support Worker (HCSW)
- Adult Care Worker
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Lead Adult Care Worker
- Intermediate Clinical Care
- Intermediate Health and Social Care
- Advanced Clinical Care
- Advanced Clinical Healthcare Maternity Support
- Advanced Health and Social Care
- Higher Care Leadership and Management