Retail managers are responsible for delivering sales targets and a positive experience to customers that will encourage repeat custom and loyalty to the brand / business. It is a diverse role that includes leading and developing a team to achieve business objectives and work with a wide range of people, requiring excellent communication skills. Maximising income and minimising wastage are essential to the job and therefore individuals must develop a sound understanding of business and people management principles to support the achievement of the vision and objectives of the business. Retail managers champion the way for personal development, training and continuous improvement, encouraging their team to develop their own skills and abilities to enhance business performance and productivity.
Entry criteria: Employers will set their own entry requirements, but it is expected that the individual would have worked within a supervisory role to start on this apprenticeship standard. Applicants will be assessed and interviewed to demonstrate that they have the ability to cover the range required by the apprenticeship standard. In addition, they are expected to carry out initial assessments in English and Maths. If an applicant has a GCSE in Maths and English at A*- C, they don’t need to complete functional skills as a part of the apprenticeship.
Duration: 12 to 18 Months
Delivery Model: The delivery model for this apprenticeship is decided by the employer in agreement with the college.
Progression: Progression from this apprenticeship would be into a retail store manager, senior retail manager or area manager position.
Additional information: Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths need to achieve this level prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Knowledge Skills and Behaviours
On completion of the level 4 Retail Manager Apprenticeship successful applicants will have the following knowledge, skills and behaviours as defined by the Apprenticeship standard:
- Sales and Promotion
- Products and Service
- Brand Reputation
- Developing Self and Others
- Team performance
- Legal & Governance
For more information please use the contact details for Helen Camilleri below:
- Last Updated: 28 February 2018
- Property Maintenance Operative
- Installation Electrician/ Maintenance Electrician
- Intermediate Dry Lining
- Intermediate Maintenance Operations
- Intermediate Brickwork
- Intermediate Wood Occupations
- Intermediate Painting and Decorating
- Intermediate Plumbing
- Advanced Wood Occupations
- Advanced Electrical Installation
- Advanced Plumbing
- Higher Construction and the Built Environment
Health and Social Care
- Healthcare Support Worker (HCSW)
- Adult Care Worker
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Lead Adult Care Worker
- Intermediate Clinical Care
- Intermediate Health and Social Care
- Advanced Clinical Care
- Advanced Clinical Healthcare Maternity Support
- Advanced Health and Social Care
- Higher Care Leadership and Management