Full Time and Engagement
Access to Education (A2E) (Year 10 or Year 11) Cambridge ESOL Entry1-Level 2 Qualifications depending on initial assessment.
We will talk you through your options on all of these courses to make sure that you understand how your test results affect the course we feel is most suitable.
· Duration: Full time 5 days per week 36 weeks
· Level: Pre Entry - Level 1
· Performance Points: Based on Individual Learning Plan / Not included in Key Stage 4 performance tables
This programme is designed for new entrants to the country at Years 10 or 11 who have English as a second language and do not possess the language skills to enter mainstream education. The programme uses specially trained ESOL teachers to quickly develop English speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Learners complete ESOL qualifications along with continuing to develop maths and ICT skills. This course is very highly regarded with very high progression rates into mainstream education, post 16.
Accelerate (Year 10 or Year 11) (NOCN Skills for Employment, Training and Personal Development, English, Maths, ICT and various vocational options.)
· Duration: Full time, 5 days per week - 36 weeks
· Level: Entry 3 – Level 2
· Performance Points: Based on Individual Learning Plan
This programme is designed to cater for disaffected learners, excluded learners or those not progressing well in traditional schooling. This course is truly personalised and integrates:
• Foundation Learning units through Personal and Social Development
• Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT from Entry Levels to Level 1
• Vocational qualifications through the Pathways programme from Entry Level to Level 1
GCSE Programme, 1 year, Year 11
- Duration: Full time, 5 days per week over 36 weeks
- Level: Level 2
- Performance Points: 5 GCSEs including Maths, English and Single Science
This GCSE programme is designed as an alternative programme for learners who are Year 11 and suitable for a GCSE course, but are either having difficulty in a school environment or displaced through circumstances.
- GCSE English
- GCSE Maths
- GCSE Single Science
- Vocational Pathway
Hair and Beauty
Introduction to Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy Level 1 (Year 10 or Year 11)
· Duration: 2 years, 1 day per week
· Level: Foundation Learning - Level 1
· Performance Points: 57-102 / Not included in Key Stage 4 performance tables
This level 1 course is a work-related course with practical elements providing a basic understanding of the Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy industry.
Construction and the Built Environment
Level 1 City and Guilds Construction Basic Skills G219 (Brickwork, Painting and Decorating, Carpentry)
· Duration: 1 year, 2 days per week
· Level: Foundation Learning - L1
This practical course is an introduction to carpentry, painting, decorating and building techniques including Brickwork. There is a wide range of units that enable progression into the industry.
Sport and Active Leisure
Level 1 Gateway Qualifications in Skills for Sport and Active Leisure
• Duration: 1 year, 2 days per week
• Level: Foundation Learning - Level 1
This programme is aimed at young people wanting to pursue a career in sport, fitness or nutrition. There are a wide range of units, including short and long term exercise plans and healthy diet. These enable progression into the industry or further study post 16.
- Last Updated: 16 June 2017