The duration and delivery of the course is flexible and will be discussed between you and your tutor with a timetable that fits around you
About the Course
This course has been designed to help you learn how individuals with autism process sensory information, giving you an understanding of the characteristics that may be present in individuals with autism and the conditions that commonly occur with autism. You will study the common misconceptions surrounding autism, as well as how speech, language and communication may differ in people with autism, and how legislation and guidance underpins support.
What Will I Study?
Topics covered can include:
- Introduction to Autism
- Using a Person-Centred Approach to Support Individuals with Autism
- Communication and Social Interaction in Individuals with Autism
- Sensory Processing, Perception and Cognition in Individuals with Autism
- Supporting Positive Behaviour in Individuals with Autism
- Supporting Individuals with Autism to Live Healthy and Fulfilled Lives
What Can I Do After?
Upon successful completion of the course you will achieve a nationally-recognised qualification, which can help you progress into further study in this area.
For more information please contact email@example.com.