IT and Computing Academy
The College's IT and Computing Academy is run in partnership with risual education
If you want an IT career that takes you to the very top in business, apply today for our IT and Computing Academy, run in partnership with risual education.
Complete the enquiry form below and we will get in touch with you within 24 hours.
The Advanced Apprenticeship offers you the skills and knowledge to develop as an Infrastructure Technician. An Infrastructure Technician provides support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non routine problems. The Infrastructure Technician sets people up on systems and provides support when they need it, rectifying issues to maintain the organisation’s productivity.
You will develop the following technical skills and understanding:
- Working knowledge of a range of cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless systems and IT test equipment
- Maintenance processes and applying them in working practices
- The basic elements and architecture of computer systems
- How, where and when to apply the relevant numerical skills e.g Binary
- The relevant networking skills necessary to maintain a secure network
- The similarities, differences and benefits of the current Operating Systems available
- How to operate remotely and how to deploy and securely integrate mobile devices
- Cloud and Cloud Services
- Disaster recovery and how a disaster recovery plan works and their role within it
- Similarities and differences between a range of coding and logic
- Complying with business processes to ensure business productivity and continuity
- Business IT skills relevant to the organisation
Typical Job Roles: Help Desk Technician, First or Second Line Support, IT Infrastructure Technician, Network Support
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this is likely to include five GCSEs, (especially English, Mathematics and a Science or Technology subject); a relevant Level 2 qualification and experience; or an aptitude test with a focus on IT skills.
You will you study
Apprentices must achieve the internationally recognised vendor or professional qualification, from the right hand column in the table below.
|Knowledge Modules you will study||Vendor or Professional Qualifications|
Knowledge Module 1: Networking and Architecture (for Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeships)
MTA Network Fundamentals
|Knowledge Module 2: Mobile and Operating Systems (for Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeships||
MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
|Knowledge Module 3: Cloud Services (for Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeships||
MTA Server Admin
|Knowledge Module 4: Coding and Logic (for Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeships)||
MTA Software Development Fundamentals
Knowledge Module 5: Business Processes (for Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeships)
CIW – Internet Business Associate
For more information or to register for the IT and Computing Academy, complete the Enquiry Form above or call the Course Information Line on 020 8442 3055.
- Last Updated: 03 July 2017