Hairdressing student, Eunice Pennant in action!
College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London hairdressing student, Eunice Pennant, has won SoftSheen-Carson's 'Student of the Year' award.
Eunice, who recently completed the Hairdressing Level 2 course, entered Softsheen-Carson's yearly competition, along with her classmates and students from other colleges across the UK.
Commenting on her win, Eunice said: "I was really excited! It took a couple of days for it to sink in. I'm so glad for this opportunity and winning the competition has reinforced my enthusiasm for my career hairdressing."
Eunice added: "Hair has been my passion since I was a child. I decided to pursue it professionally in 2009 when I enrolled at the College."
Eunice's winning hair concept 'Lady Ascot', which was inspired by the Royal Ascot Ladies Day, impressed the judges from the well-known Afro-Caribbean hair brand.
Lorna Hill, who co-ordinated the competition for SoftSheen Carson, said: "We were amazed at the number of entries that we received. The annual competition just keeps going from strength to strength. Eunice's entry, which combined creative flair with technical expertise, really stood out. She is destined for a successful career in hairdressing."
As part of the winning prize, Softseen Carson will be donating £500 pounds worth of hairdressing equipment to the College and presenting a certificate, trophy and a cheque of £500 to Eunice in September 2013.
Jane O'Neill, Interim Principal and Chief Executive, said: "The College has an impressive track record for winning awards in Hairdressing. I'd like to congratulate Eunice for her creativity and technical craft in creating a hairpiece that could pass as a hat at Ladies Day!"
The company has also given Eunice the opportunity to work backstage at Africa Fashion Week London in August, where she will help prepare models' hair for the runway.
To maintain and improve her skills, Eunice is currently undertaking a summer work placement at the College's hair salon and she plans to have her own salon in the future.
If you are interested in studying Hairdressing at the College, please call the Course Information Line on 020 8442 3055.
- Last Updated: 24 October 2013
- CONEL scoops prestigious award for its ‘quality delivery’ of rail engineering apprenticeships
- Student whose first language is not English secures job after gaining first class Master’s degree
- Student with multiple sclerosis told she would lose use of her right hand passes Hairdressing course
- CONEL students celebrate ‘brilliant’ GCSE results in English and maths
- Supported Learning students use creative flair to brighten up community café
- Aspiring athlete inspired after Usain Bolt told him to ‘never think limits’
- Double sporting success as CONEL’s Football and Basketball Academies win league titles
- Students aiming higher at CONEL to gain places at university
- ‘The course at CONEL was more relevant to what I wanted to do’
- ‘The main benefit of an apprenticeship is getting the qualifications while gaining the experience’