College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London's Access to Nursing students were recognised for their achievements at an annual awards ceremony last week (Thursday July 11).
The ceremony, which was held at the Enfield Centre, saw students being presented with certificates for achieving high grades for their assignments and 100% attendance and punctuality records.
Most of the students have already gained places to study Nursing or Midwifery at various universities.
Emma Martin, 28, who has secured a ' September 2013 start' place at Middlesex University to study Midwifery, said: "I really enjoyed the Access to Nursing course as it has given me the opportunity to go to university after ten years of being out of education. Getting merits and distinctions in my assignments has also been a great personal achievement for me."
Charlene Kinsella, 25, completed her A' Levels at the College in 2006 and returned six years later to study Access to Nursing.
She has been offered a place at Hertfordshire University to study Adult Nursing in September.
Charlene said: "The course was well-taught and has allowed me to gain the entrance qualification needed to study at university level. It also helped me to develop my essay writing skills, which is very useful for higher education."
Access courses are designed for adults who want to pursue higher education but do not have the formal qualifications to enter university.
The College offers a range of Access courses in IT and Computing, Engineering, Nursing, Science and Education Studies.
To enquire about places available for September 2013 start date, call the Course Information Line on 020 8442 3055.
- Last Updated: 24 October 2013
- Studying Media at CONEL – Tai Juan Akberali
- How to - Construction videos
- Accounting Apprenticeships and Careers Conference
- Misconceptions about MMA – Discipline not violence
- Students get ‘Suited & Booted’
- CONEL’s Women into Transportation and Engineering Pre-Employment Programme a great success
- CONEL welcomes professional footballing partnerships
- CONEL hosts Mental Health Workshop to over 100 students
- Step into Accounting Apprenticeships and Careers at CONEL
- National Junior Indoor Rowing Championships 2019