Construction Apprentice at work
The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London recently hosted Enfield borough's first 'Construction Jobs and Careers Fair' at the College's Enfield Centre.
In their aim to boost the number of skilled workers, Enfield Council's regeneration department and the North London Chamber of Commerce signed a pledge to "actively support local employment in the area."
One of the main aims of the pledge is to ensure multi-billion-pound regeneration projects, including the £1.3bn Meridian Water development in Edmonton, which will recruit local workers.
Kurt Hintz, Curriculum Director, said: "I am pleased that the council and the North London Chamber of Commerce gave us the opportunity to host the Employment Fair, which is an excellent initiative for the community that we serve. We will continue to work with apprentices and equip them with the skills they need to attain suitable employment."
Over 200 young people and adults attended the Fair, which had more than 50 apprenticeship vacancies in construction and other related industries.
Barclay Brothers, a family owned construction company based in Enfield, filled both of their apprenticeship vacancies and were very pleased that they attended.
If you are interested in a career in construction, take a look at Construction Courses available at the College .
- Last Updated: 24 October 2013
- Studying Media at CONEL – Tai Juan Akberali
- How to - Construction videos
- Accounting Apprenticeships and Careers Conference
- Misconceptions about MMA – Discipline not violence
- Students get ‘Suited & Booted’
- CONEL’s Women into Transportation and Engineering Pre-Employment Programme a great success
- CONEL welcomes professional footballing partnerships
- CONEL hosts Mental Health Workshop to over 100 students
- Step into Accounting Apprenticeships and Careers at CONEL
- National Junior Indoor Rowing Championships 2019