Construction Apprentice at work
The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London recently hosted Enfield borough's first 'Construction Jobs and Careers Fair' at the College's Enfield Centre.
In their aim to boost the number of skilled workers, Enfield Council's regeneration department and the North London Chamber of Commerce signed a pledge to "actively support local employment in the area."
One of the main aims of the pledge is to ensure multi-billion-pound regeneration projects, including the £1.3bn Meridian Water development in Edmonton, which will recruit local workers.
Kurt Hintz, Curriculum Director, said: "I am pleased that the council and the North London Chamber of Commerce gave us the opportunity to host the Employment Fair, which is an excellent initiative for the community that we serve. We will continue to work with apprentices and equip them with the skills they need to attain suitable employment."
Over 200 young people and adults attended the Fair, which had more than 50 apprenticeship vacancies in construction and other related industries.
Barclay Brothers, a family owned construction company based in Enfield, filled both of their apprenticeship vacancies and were very pleased that they attended.
If you are interested in a career in construction, take a look at Construction Courses available at the College .
- Last Updated: 24 October 2013
- International student Melany is flying through university on her Aviation course
- Discovery Channel ‘blown away’ by CONEL’s Media and ICT students
- Progressing in Teacher Education at the College of Haringey Enfield & North East London
- Reaching out to 240 vulnerable Londoners through the Young Londoners Fund
- New programme to boost entrepreneurship and upskilling for London’s under-represented groups
- Stephanie is reaching new heights with Travel and Tourism
- "It’s such a great learning environment" says Safa Radwan - Games and Animation student
- The class of 2019 learn more about what CONEL offers at our Freshers’ Fair
- Get into engineering jobs, with CONEL
- The class of '63 return to CONEL