Construction Apprentice at work
The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London recently hosted Enfield borough's first 'Construction Jobs and Careers Fair' at the College's Enfield Centre.
In their aim to boost the number of skilled workers, Enfield Council's regeneration department and the North London Chamber of Commerce signed a pledge to "actively support local employment in the area."
One of the main aims of the pledge is to ensure multi-billion-pound regeneration projects, including the £1.3bn Meridian Water development in Edmonton, which will recruit local workers.
Kurt Hintz, Curriculum Director, said: "I am pleased that the council and the North London Chamber of Commerce gave us the opportunity to host the Employment Fair, which is an excellent initiative for the community that we serve. We will continue to work with apprentices and equip them with the skills they need to attain suitable employment."
Over 200 young people and adults attended the Fair, which had more than 50 apprenticeship vacancies in construction and other related industries.
Barclay Brothers, a family owned construction company based in Enfield, filled both of their apprenticeship vacancies and were very pleased that they attended.
If you are interested in a career in construction, take a look at Construction Courses available at the College .
- Last Updated: 24 October 2013
- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
- Media students get a taste of the industry at Sky
- CONEL’s Mahdi Radmehr Awarded ‘Maths Teacher of the Year’ at National Skills Conference
- Employability at CONEL
- Royal Navy Engagement Team inspire Public Service students
- CONEL is helping young students get Career Ready
- International adventurer Levison Wood inspires all at college talk
- CONEL holds an inspiring (and musical) Maths and English Fortnight
- Star apprentice David shows he’s top of the class!
- Wig Wash and Drop founder inspires Hair and Beauty students