Construction Apprentice at work
The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London recently hosted Enfield borough's first 'Construction Jobs and Careers Fair' at the College's Enfield Centre.
In their aim to boost the number of skilled workers, Enfield Council's regeneration department and the North London Chamber of Commerce signed a pledge to "actively support local employment in the area."
One of the main aims of the pledge is to ensure multi-billion-pound regeneration projects, including the £1.3bn Meridian Water development in Edmonton, which will recruit local workers.
Kurt Hintz, Curriculum Director, said: "I am pleased that the council and the North London Chamber of Commerce gave us the opportunity to host the Employment Fair, which is an excellent initiative for the community that we serve. We will continue to work with apprentices and equip them with the skills they need to attain suitable employment."
Over 200 young people and adults attended the Fair, which had more than 50 apprenticeship vacancies in construction and other related industries.
Barclay Brothers, a family owned construction company based in Enfield, filled both of their apprenticeship vacancies and were very pleased that they attended.
If you are interested in a career in construction, take a look at Construction Courses available at the College .
- Last Updated: 24 October 2013
- Make Your Future Count: Accounting Apprenticeships and Careers Conference event
- We’re helping to reduce youth violence with Makepeace
- Japanese Hair and Beauty students visit celebrity make-up artist at CONEL
- Training and discipline leads to first CONEL MMA Academy success
- Bereket shows he is top of the class!
- CONEL launches employment programme for young people with disabilities
- Donate a Coat, Save a Life: Crisis for Christmas
- Excellence Awards 2019
- Spurs Supporter Models 2019/20 Kit at New Stadium
- Save the date to kick-start your career in Accountancy