The Sports Scholarship Programme has been designed to assist the College's most talented and promising athletes in developing their sporting potential while studying.
The Programme offers young athletes aged 16 – 18, who are competing in their chosen sport, a College sponsorship that supports them physically and financially in their sports career.
The Sports Scholarship Programme Package
- Advanced conditioning gym sessions following a personalised agreed programme twice a week.
- Sports massage or therapy sessions for recovery, injury prevention and management or rehabilitation twice a week.
- Access to sports science and sports medicine support
- Individual performance planning, development, and support through the Sports Department, in conjunction with your coach.
- Video analysis in conjunction with your coach
- Assigned a Sports staff member as a mentor, who will support you throughout the programme.
- £250 toward travel costs when selected to a regional level team.
- £250 toward travel costs when selected to a national level team.
To be eligible, you must:
- be 16-18 years of age on the 31 August on the enrolling year
- be actively engaged in a sport at a club, regional or national level
- be enrolled on a full-time programme of study at the College’s Enfield Centre
- have the full support of your coach and/or club
- be prepared to act as an ambassador to the College and programme
- be actively competing for the duration of the development programme
Sports Hall of Fame
Kyron Williams - GB Under-19 100m relay team
Charlie Hunter - selected for the England Colleges’ Football Under-19s team
Ruddock Yala - selected for the England Colleges’ Football Under-19s team
Sam Doolan - selected for the England Colleges’ Football Under-19s team
Nuria Da Cunha - National Open Women’s Judo Championship, Gold Medallist
To apply, please complete the downloadable application form using the link below.
- Last Updated: 06 January 2017