Our Football Academy allows you to train in our state-of-the-art facilities including a 3G sports pitch, gym and sports hall. Joining the academy will provide you with training, support, guidance, coaching and professional work experience opportunities.
All players must be Enrolled at the College to play for the football academy!
All players in our Football Academy will receive:
- Free training kit and tracksuit
- 6 hours per week (3 sessions of 2 hours) of professional football coaching
- Wednesday afternoon match in a college football league
- Affiliation with a major football club
- Work experience opportunities at the stadium
- Complimentary tickets for learners to selected high profile matches
- Opportunities to work with the club sports analyst in using Dartfish to analyse games
- On site medical support for injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Free access to the college gym and fitness suite under coach supervision
- Free fitness, strength and conditioning, exercise and nutrition programmes designed and monitored for you
In addition to the above, Elite Academy players will receive:
- Opportunity to become a college-sponsored athlete – value of up to £2500 per year
If you are aged under 17, you can also take part in our development squad friendly fixtures as part of the college’s elite team, playing 4 games per year.
Andrew Edwards is currently supporting our programme on a voluntary part-time basis. Andrew began his coaching journey at Arsenal FC, following a long professional playing career. He then became academy director and latterly manager at Leyton Orient FC, and is currently a national coach with the Football Association, working predominantly with the England U19 squad. He was also part of the successful coaching team that saw England U20’s win the World Cup in Korea in 2017.
To be considered for the Football Academy, you must be:
Our 2022 trials will take place at our Enfield Centre from 1.30pm to 3pm on:
- 16th Feb (Wednesday)
- 6th April (Wednesday)
- 13th April (Wednesday)
- 1st June (Wednesday)
Register for a Trial