Beauty Therapy - Level 1 Diploma
4 September 2023
School Leavers, Adults
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course will help you develop your practical skills for improving the appearance of Clients Hands and Feet with basic Manicure and Pedicure Services.
You will be able to Provide Relaxing Head Massage Treatments, Cleansing and Toning Routines and Provide advice for giving Skin Care routines.
Yu will also develop basic Make Up Application Techniques.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
- You will learn to:
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Provide basic manicure treatments
- Provide basic pedicure treatments
- Salon reception duties
- Skin care
- The art of photographic make-up
- Themed face painting
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Basic make up application
- Create a hair and beauty image
- Nail art application
- Presenting a professional image in a salon
WHAT WILL I NEED?
You will need:
- You will need to have a good understanding of English at entry level 3 enabling you to sit exams and complete assignments.
- Any Entry 3 or Level 1 equivalent qualification previously achieved in any subject.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
You will be assessed through practical observation, oral questions, online exams, and through completed assignments.
WHAT WILL IT COST?
This course is free for those meeting the criteria for funding.
WHAT CAN I DO AFTER?
You can progress into Level 2 diploma in beauty, Level 2 diploma in nails, Level 2 diploma in hair media make up.