Tag: Westminster Kingsway
Capital City College Group (CCCG) will be offering T Levels across its three colleges from September 2023.
Five T Levels will be available at City and Islington College (CANDI), The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London (CONEL) and Westminster Kingsway College (WestKing).
What are T Levels?
T Levels are two-year technical courses taken as an alternative to A Levels, apprenticeships and other 16-19 courses.
A T Level is equivalent to three A levels and comprises a core component and an occupational specialism to give students skills for employment, higher education or apprenticeships.
Students spend 80 per cent of the course at college gaining the skills that employers need. The remaining 20 per cent is on industry placement where they put these skills into action.
They will spend at least 45 days in industry placements to enable them to gain valuable experience in the workplace and give employers an early sight of new talent in their industry.
Why choose a T Level
T Levels have been designed with leading employers and awarding bodies to give students the skills, knowledge and experience they need. More than 250 employers have been involved in their development to give students confidence they will take them to the next level.
What T Levels will be available?
The first T Level courses available at CCCG colleges are listed below with more expected to be added over coming months.
|T LEVEL||OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALISM||COLLEGE||CENTRE|
|Digital Production, Design and Development||Digital Production, Design and Development||CANDI||Centre for Business, Arts and Technology (including Health, Social and Childcare)|
|Digital Production, Design and Development||Digital Production, Design and Development||WestKing||King’s Cross Centre|
|Digital Support Services||Digital Support||CANDI||Centre for Business, Arts and Technology (including Health, Social and Childcare)|
|Digital Support Services||Digital Support||WestKing||King’s Cross Centre|
|Education and Childcare||Early Years Educator||CANDI||Centre for Business, Arts and Technology (including Health, Social and Childcare)|
|Education and Childcare||Early Years Educator||CONEL||Tottenham Centre|
|Health||Supporting the Adult Nursing Team||WestKing||King’s Cross Centre|
|Health||Supporting the Adult Nursing Team||CONEL||Tottenham Centre|
|Health||Supporting the Mental Health Team||WestKing||King’s Cross Centre|
|Health||Supporting the Mental Health Team||CONEL||Tottenham Centre|
|Science||Laboratory Sciences||CANDI||Centre for Applied Science|
Entry requirements are the same as for A Levels and many other Level 3 courses, which require five GCSEs at grades 9-4 including English and maths. At least a grade 4 in GCSE Science is also required for science and health related T Levels.
Grading and certification
Students completing their T Level will receive a certificate which will show their overall grade shown as Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction*.
The certificate will show A*-E grades for the core component, and Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* for the occupational specialism. It will also confirm they have completed the industry placement and met any other mandatory requirements
Students who do not pass all elements of their T Level will get a T Level statement of achievement that will only show the elements they have completed.